JOIN OUR TEAM
At Urban Rec Fraser Valley, we strive to provide fun, social, and active opportunities for adults to get involved with sport and recreation. Sport, recreation, and physical activity at all levels and abilities is important to the overall health and wellness of all communities. We are here to provide access to facilities, equipment, and recreational play facilitated by well-trained, well-resourced staff members.
Our staff members are there to ensure the safety and enjoyment of our participants. With operations throughout the Lower Mainland, Okanagan, Vancouver Island, and Australia, you would be joining a large organization of like-minded individuals to make sport and physical activity fun for all. Urban Rec facilitates fun, organized, recreational league play that is co-ed and for anyone over the age of 19.
We are currently seeking enthusiastic, dedicated, and social people to join our team as Urban Rec Ambassadors.
The Urban Rec Ambassador’s key responsibility is to encourage and promote participation in our leagues, with a particular focus on those underrepresented in sport. Urban Rec Ambassadors will participate in league play alongside other Urban Rec members and create an inclusive and welcoming environment for everyone.
Other responsibilities include:
• Recruit other people to register and play in our leagues
• Assist with set up and take down of equipment
• Assist with time and score keeping – including organizing teams and starting matches on time
• Submit shift report at the end of each night of play – ensuring schedules, stats, and scores are recorded each night
• Promote upcoming events and league registration to current and new participants
• Attend to and report any first aid incidents and conflicts between teams
• Socialize and interact with participants and ensure they are having a great experience
What's in it for you?
• Be influential in league decisions, and help create a better experience for participants
• Free official Urban Rec apparel • Paid participation in the league you are responsible for
• Free registration for all other Urban Rec leagues
• Access to staff social events
• Opportunity to meet 1000s of fun, social, and active people
Rate of Pay: $16.40/hour Open Positions – Fall 2021 (September to December)
• Chilliwack – Wednesdays 6-10pm
• Langley – Sundays 7-11pm
• Surrey – Sundays 6-11pm
Urban Rec Fraser Valley is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all groups. This includes women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (LGBTQ2S+), and others who may contribute to diversity. We also recognize unique styles, perspectives, beliefs, and creativity that support a diverse, respectful, inclusive, and collaborative work environment. If you are fun, personable, have a great attitude, and are passionate about engaging people in sport and physical activity, we highly encourage you to apply!
Your application was submitted successfully.